Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dorgali

Hey all,

Have to email this in, cause I am out in the sticks, so while still online it is not 3G – which is why there are only a couple of photos, and why they are at the top in that weird kind of way.

Bit of a nothing transit day – spent most of my time either on buses or waiting for them. Bit of a drama in finding accommodation in Nuoro, the bigger town that I was going to get a bus to Dorgali from in a couple of days – were no rooms available according to the internet, unless I wanted to shell out on a real hotel, which I didn't. Then found a room available in a B&B in Dorgali – which is a warren of tiny alleys and built on a hill, so they all seem to curve around each other like spaghetti. Fantastic. Found the B&B after asking directions a few times – looking forward to wandering around here tomorrow – met a German couple at a bus stop who had just been here, and said that the rumours about being able to buy maps are true, so hopefully come Monday I will be able to do so, line up a walk for a few days – then maybe another if I am feeling adventurous. A splendid place to drive through in a bus at dusk – flat plains, huge brooding granite mountains, clouds, windy roads, little towns here and there.

Anyway – that's about all – once I settled in I went out and got a hot chocolate – was so thick I literally could not drink it, had to eat it with the teaspoon, like warm mousse. The place is buzzing with people in little groups because it is Saturday night, although because you can't see far because of the windy little alleys, it looks pretty deserted, just doesn't sound like it.

Photos. 1. Last shot of Cagliari. 2. The horror. K insisted on a photo. 3. Courtyard of the B&B.

Cheers, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment