Sunday, January 16, 2011

Karma

Hey all,


K in Chartres, discovering that the French have an almost Italian attitude to cleaning up after their dogs.  I supported her through the trauma by taking photos and laughing.

K in Chartes, the following day, again discovering that the French have an almost Italian attitude to cleaning up after their dogs.  I was again supportive.

What K now sees of the wonders of Europe as she tentatively takes one step, then another, eyes darting from side to side, frantic with terror.  Fortunately I take photos of the sights which she looks at during the evening.

Otherwise known as “Karma”: Me in the aftermath of a romantic lunch on the grassy bank by a river in Auch.  I stood up to fully enjoy one of the Montecristo number 3's K's parents had bought me for Christmas and stepped on an a huge pile.  In horror I leapt away, landed on another with the other foot.  Trying to clean this off by scraping on the grass I landed in a third, then a fourth, and so on.   “Just stand still!  For God's sake!” K managed to get out before dissolving completely into hysterics.  Eventually she stopped laughing long enough to breath again and took this photo.  I seriously would have thrown the boots away if I had another pair of shoes with me.

Cheers, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment